Thursday, April 19, 2012

My 100th Post...Reflections of a Changed Cook

This marks my 100th post in the world of blogging- I can hardly believe it!


It all began with the movie "Julie and Julia" and a little inspiration from my sister-in-law over at Catz in the Kitchen. Just over 2 years has come and gone since I first put my "pen to the page" so to speak as The Rookie Cookie and began my journey of adventurous cooking, pledging to share my experiences with you. Some of you have been with me since the beginning and remember the great triumphs (ex: filleting a salmon for the first time) and the great failures (ex: that horrid crock-pot orange chicken). I have had more "firsts" in the kitchen than I can count since then and have been thrilled to discover new loves (ex: risotto- YUM!) and dispel old notions (ex: that squash is yucky- now I know better!!) as I have become immensely more comfortable in my kitchen. I have changed my name (KitchenJoy now, which seems to better suit me) and acquired new accompaniments as well, the most notable being my beautiful blue KitchenAid mixer, a Christmas present from Hubby.
Speaking of my husband, he is my greatest inspiration when I cook- all along he has encouraged me and is always appreciative of my cooking. He has been more than willing to try new things and never complains- for that I feel so blessed!
To those of you who read and comment faithfully, thank you so much for your encouragement! You have inspired me as I have combined two of my favorite loves (writing and cooking) and I have been surprised over and over again at your willingness to read my ramblings and try new recipes. Thanks for joining me and here's to the next 100 posts!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great anniversary to celebrate! Such a milestone! Congrats, I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...