Thursday, December 29, 2011

Me and My Mixer

I just want the world to know...
I GOT A KITCHENAID MIXER FOR CHRISTMAS!!!


My dear sweet hubby is so wonderful, he got me just what I was afraid to hope for...a beautiful blue KitchenAid stand mixer. I couldn't wait to get home (we spent Christmas with my family in OR) to whip up something yummy. So the very next day (yesterday), I got it out for a test drive. It is HEAVY. I had to have hubby lift it up to the counter for me! Definitely not going to fall apart any time soon! And the bowl is so shiny! :) I sort of rearranged my kitchen to make just the perfect spot for it. Visible, accessible, and not in the way.

After using it only once so far (with the standard mixing attachment), for pumpkin snickerdoodles, my favorite thing is being able to dump stuff in and walk away or fix another part of the recipe while the machine does all the work. I already love baking and cooking, but I think this beautiful and sturdy machine will make it even more fun!

If any of you, my dear readers, have a stand mixer and have any tips, tricks, quirks or recipes to share that you think would be helpful, please do so in the comments!! I would love your advice as I begin my KitchenAid adventure!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Jen! I love the color! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! Love, talk, and kiss it often and it will be good to you :) The only real advice I can think of at the moment is, I only use the flour shield thing when I'm working with powdered sugar. Since it's so light and airy it sprays everywhere and the shield helps that. Otherwise, I never use it. I don't have the patience to stick it on and off. Oh and the whisk is awesome for whisking things that won't clump. It seems as though no matter how fast I make the whisk spin, some things just don't ever unclump and then I have to stick the paddle attachment on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...