Monday, April 23, 2012

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies

Okay, now that I have fulfilled my promise and taken a break from the sweet by posting about French fries (I know, I KNOW! Something healthy soon- I promise!), I can now in good conscience write about these fabulous, irresistible butterscotch oatmeal cookies. Someone in your life (if not you) needs these cookies. If you need help coming up with an excuse, let me know.


I'm sure I can find one for you. Because surely all of these ingredients (except maybe the butterscotch chips- but, note to self! You really should keep those on hand!) are sitting in your pantry right now begging to be made into something yummy...like cookies.


And besides, they are oatmeal cookies! Oatmeal is healthy. The Quaker oat guy says so, I'm sure of it. And if you can't trust him, who can you trust?
Okay? Go make these. You'll be glad you did.

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
adapted from An Edible Mosaic
makes about 2 doz.

1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1/3 cup shortening, room temperature
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup + 2 TB flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 375.
Cream butter and shortening. Add sugar. Stir in egg and vanilla. In separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, soda and salt. Gradually stir dry ingredients into the wet, then mix in oats and chips. If necessary, chill dough 10 to 15 min. in the freezer so it's easy to handle.
Scoop dough by the rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets about 2 to 3 in. apart. Bake 10 to 12 min. or until light golden brown on the edges, rotating sheet halfway through baking. Centers will look slightly doughy. Cool 5 min. on sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love butterscotch anything! I think they are under appreciated little morsels, lol! These look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...