Thursday, October 3, 2013



ONE- Return of the Soup Night!!! With the advent of October and our Awana program starting up again, we officially began Soup Nights yesterday!! As much as I love summer, as soon as the weather starts to get chilly, I can't wait to start our Soup Nights. Every Wednesday I make soup in the crock pot so when we get home from our church activities the house smells heavenly and there's a crock pot full of hot soup ready to fill our hungry tummies. :) We kicked off this year with a smooth and delicious Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup (look for it on the blog soon!)- full of flavor but astoundingly low on calories, which is perfect for my "diet" of sorts. Yay! The butternut squash is seriously one of my favorite things about fall. Its mellow, nutty flavor and smooth, buttery consistency is perfect in so many dishes!

TWO- Like I said, we started Awana last night and surprise! I have a Cubbie after all! Only one so far, but she's a cutie! I'm excited to teach, but it will definitely be a challenge to adapt the class to just one child. I don't think she minded all the undivided attention though. :)

THREE- We went to a wedding on Saturday and it was lovely!! Of course, as weddings usually do, it made us reminisce about our own wedding a little over four years ago! When we got home, Hubby dug up the song we danced to for our "first dance"- a totally obscure song I found on a random Christian compilation album called "Dream Alive" (go ahead and google it- you won't find it). We danced in the kitchen and for the first time I felt like when I closed my eyes I was actually there- back in that special moment when we took our first dance steps as husband and wife. The wedding day always feels like such a blur to me when I look back on it, so finally being able to recall something so clearly was really special! Do you have any stand out memories of your wedding day, or does it all jumble together?

FOUR- Speaking of getting married, I just realized today that I have never updated my PayPal account with my married name. I also have a debit card that still has my maiden name on it. Seriously how long does it take to get everything finally changed over??! You'd think after four years I would have squared it all away! Now PayPal wants me to fax them a copy of my driver's license and marriage certificate!! Ugh. Too much hassle for something I rarely use, I tell you!

FIVE- In preparation for Season 4 of Downton Abbey, Hubby and I have been rewatching the previous three seasons, and it's every bit as delightful and suspenseful as the first time. We are in the middle of Season 2 right now and I am already dreading living through Season 3 again. Too. Much. Grief. If you haven't seen it yet, and somehow managed to escape everyone talking about it, I won't give anything away, but it's almost enough to make you want to boycott Season 4. Almost. Speaking of Season 4, why on earth can we not watch DA at the same time as the UK???! I'm so frustrated that they get it now, but we have to wait till January!!! It seems very unfair. There, I've had my say!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...