Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Meals for a Month {Aug-Sept}

I can hardly believe that by the next time I write a menu, it will be almost FALL! The summers just speed by the older we get, don't they? I for one have thoroughly enjoyed the long, warm days and all the beautiful little delights (I refer you to my last menu post!). And I plan on squeezing every memorable moment out of the last days of sparkling sunshine that we get! When you live in a place that can have snow on the ground 6 months or more out of the year, you learn to appreciate summer!! This menu is a little disjointed because we have several events breaking things up...this week is Pend Oreille County fair week and since the church has a booth, our meals will be a mix of fair food (hopefully only once) and quick portable or cold things I can take with us. The following week, we'll be visiting my parents in Oregon for a few days- my grandparents are home from Africa for the summer and visiting my folks. I haven't seen them in 2 years, so I'm really excited about that! When we get home, we have a two day mini conference for our mission organization at a nearby camp! Whew! It's going to be a busy next few weeks, and it all starts today! I'm just going to take a deep breath and hope I'm ready for it! :) Hope you have had a beautiful summer!



Week 1 (Aug. 14-18)

Tuesday
Entree: Double Bean Burgers with Avocado Cream
Side: Watermelon and Chips
Wednesday
Side: Fruit



Thursday
Entree: Chicken Noodle Salad
Side: Grapes?
Friday
Fair Food
Saturday
Entree: Sloppy Joes
Side: Chips

Week 2 (Aug. 21-25)

Tuesday
Side: Garlic Bread



Wed.-Sat.
Gone to OR

Week 3 (Aug. 28-Sept. 1)

Tues.-Wed.
Mini Conference
Thursday
Side: Rolls



Friday
Side: Fresh fruit and veggies
Saturday
Entree: Pork n' Penne
Source: Taste of Home Cookbook

Week 4 (Sept. 4-8)

Tuesday
Entree: Chicken Orzo Skillet
Source: Taste of Home Cookbook
Wednesday
Entree: Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
Thursday
Entree: Country BBQ Chicken
Side: Red Potatoes
Source: Taste of Home Cookbook
Friday
Entree: Pizza
Side: Fresh Fruit and Veggies
Saturday
Entree: Turkey Burgers

I also would really like to try some different frozen desserts this month- I got a gelato cookbook from the library and I am intrigued to try something like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...