Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Travis and I bought a barbecue grill last month! We are so excited and have spent many evenings experimenting and loving every flame-licked piece of meat or veggie that has come off the rack. All last summer we talked about getting one, but never did. This summer we were determined to put out a little bit of cash so we could experience the joy of outdoor cooking. My brother is partly to blame, writing mouth-watering, laugh-out-loud funny posts on his wife's blog, detailing his love of all things grilled, as well as the grilling experience itself. Even onions (one of the few things we disagree on) have been decreed passable when kissed by the flame. Anyhow, we now have a grill and are happily employing it. This recipe is only partly grilled, but it makes all the difference. I discovered this salad on Kraftrecipes.com last summer and made it many times either baking the chicken or grilling it on my counter-top George Foreman. But now that we have done it correctly- I don't know if I can go back! Grilling the chicken outdoors, after it had been marinated, gave the salad a whole new lease on life! I love Caesar salads anyway, but this one took it up a notch.
To start, I marinated the chicken breasts in a balsamic vinegar marinade. I LOVE balsamic vinegar. It really gave the chicken a fantastic flavor and made it super tender. I let them marinate at least a half hour, then Hubby grilled them to perfection.
The rest of it is extremely simple, really. Chop up a lot of romaine lettuce,


add Parmesan cheese (we've used grated or shredded and both work well- use whatever you have on hand!),


croutons (I usually get the garlic Caesar variety),


and Caesar dressing (I like Ken's lite creamy Caesar more than the recipe's Kraft dressing) and you have a fantastic, light, summer meal!


This is delicious served with garlic bread, as you can see we did on the grill as well. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...