Monday, July 16, 2012

Thai Chicken Pizza

I told you I was on a Thai kick, right? Okay, then I won't belabor the point.




A Thai kick definitely wouldn't be complete without giving this pizza a whirl.

It has all the right components...sweet chili sauce...cilantro...PEANUTS...

I actually used up all my sweet chili sauce on that delicious salad, so what do you think I did about a sauce for the crust?

Yep- I used the leftover dressing from said yummy salad. It was perfect! But, I'm sure that if you don't have some amazing Thai salad dressing leftover hanging around in the back of your fridge, that plain old sweet chili sauce will work just fine.

By the way, this was my first known and deliberate encounter with a shallot. They unwrap like garlic and look like onions and have a mild onion flavor. Don't be deceived by the mild reputation, though- I cried buckets cutting it!

Tears aside...




Enjoy the peanuts.

Thai Chicken Pizza
adapted slightly from Annie's Eats
makes 1 pizza

1 recipe pizza dough
1/4 cup sweet Asian chili sauce (or dressing, if you have it!), plus more for drizzling
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1/2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3-4 (better make it 4) TB chopped peanuts
2 TB minced fresh cilantro
ground red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 500.
Follow directions to make crust. Spread chili sauce (or dressing) evenly over crust.
Layer with shallot, zucchini, chicken, cheese and as much red pepper as you like (it's hot!).
Bake pizza 12-14 min. or until crust is lightly browned. Cool slightly, then sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Drizzle with extra sauce just before slicing and serving.

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually cooking with a shallot for the first time this week too! You should try the bread trick. It really helps with the crying :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...