Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Monthly Menu- August

I can't believe I never got around to making up a menu for you last month- my apologies! I kept intending to, then my menu would change...again. I even had a draft going! I can't guarantee this month's won't be altered, but at least you'll get an idea of what we'll be eating...if not in this exact order. :) Summer is so hard to plan- it keeps changing on you. Which I suppose, is the beauty of it. No routine. Just go with it. Anyhow, here's how I've tried to schedule out our meals for August, come what may!

Week 1 (Aug. 2-6)

Tuesday
Chicken-Bacon Bruschetta with Cantaloupe Wedges
A delicious "recipe" from CatzintheKitchen that is super easy and fantastic on grill! I like to marinate the chicken in a balsamic vinaigrette.
Wednesday
Turkey Italian Sausage and Veggie Kabobs with Rice (?)
We have really enjoyed experimenting with skewers, and I'm excited to try a new meat- a sweet Italian sausage alongside zucchini, grape tomatoes, yellow peppers, and maybe some red potatoes.
Thursday
Balsamic Chicken and Strawberry Salad with Rolls
Very easy and so tasty! Marinated grilled chicken atop fresh spinach, sprinkled with feta cheese, strawberries, blueberries and almond slice, with a tangy balsamic dressing. I picked this salad up at our gym's cafe and had to recreate it for dinner.
Friday
Saturday
Another CatzintheKitchen steal, these are fantastic! We are making ours with steak strips and topping with tomatoes, beans, cheese, peppers and the rest.

Week 2 (Aug. 9-13)

Tuesday
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with Garlic Breadsticks
Wednesday
Creamy Chicken Taquitos with Fresh Fruit
A fantastic light treat from Our Best Bites- cilantro makes all the difference!
Thursday
Honey Chicken Stir Fry with White Rice
Friday
Saturday
Whole BBQ Chicken with Red Potatoes
A couple in our church gave us a whole chicken that they butchered. I'd like to try grilling it, but we'll see what we have going on. Yay for leftovers!

Week 3 (Aug. 16-20)

Tuesday
An old favorite we haven't had in awhile. Hoping to use leftover chicken from Saturday.
Wednesday
Spicy Lime Chicken with Red Potatoes
Thursday
Turkey Burgers
We will be manning the church's fair booth starting today through Saturday, so dinners will be easy to fix and carry (if I make dinner at all...but fair food gets old pretty quick).
Friday
Fair Food?
Saturday
Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Hoping I'll have time to run home from the fair and put some chicken in the crock-pot for these.

Week 4 (Aug. 23-31)

Tuesday
Hot Dogs with Chips and Fruit
We have VBS this week, so again, dinners will be fairly quick and easy since we'll probably be tired.
Wednesday
Breakfast For Dinner
Not sure what this is going to look like. Maybe breakfast wraps. Maybe pancakes or waffles with huckleberries. Maybe huckleberry crepes. Mmm.
Thursday
Pizza (even though it's not Friday)
Friday
Dinner at Dalkena Church's 60th Celebration (I think)
Saturday
Grilled Pork Chops (not sure how yet)
Tuesday
Salmon and Veggie Packets (Burger for Trav)
Wednesday
Spaghetti with Crusty Bread
Chicken, Beef, or Meatless...who knows?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...