Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies



Or, as I like to think of them: Chocolate snickerdoodles. I can't believe I haven't shared this recipe with you yet! When I made these a couple of weeks ago, I searched through the archives to make sure, and sure enough, I had not! Shame on me, for these cookies are some of my favorites! The recipe comes from Hershey's, after all!

Amazingly soft and chewy. That crackled sugary outside. Chocolaty, with just a hint of cinnamon. Need I say more?


Chewy Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies
makes about 40 cookies

6 TB butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 TB plus 1/4 cup white sugar, divided
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Beat butter until creamy. Add brown sugar and 3 TB white sugar; beat until blended. Add egg, baking soda, corn syrup and vanilla; beat well.
Stir together flour and cocoa; beat into butter mixture. Cover; refrigerate 30 min. or until firm enough to shape. Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Combine 1/4 cup white sugar and cinnamon; roll balls in mixture to coat. Place balls 2 in. apart on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 min. or until cookies are set and tops are cracked. Cool slightly; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...