Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Monthly Menu- January

Wow! I can hardly believe how fast 2010 has flown by! Travis and I have now been married more than a year and a half, and we've lived here in Cusick almost as long! It has been a very joyful year in many ways, but we've had our hard times and struggles too. One of my great joys, however, has been cooking! Ever since watching Julie and Julia last year, I have endeavored to try to be more adventurous in my cooking, and I think I have succeeded! I have made many things I had never attempted before! Like a turkey, hams, homemade bread, squash, trout, salmon, ground turkey, fish tacos, pumpkin, Brussel sprouts, and many others! Well, as 2011 begins, here's to trying even more new things!

Monthly Menu- January

Week 1 (Jan. 4-10)

Tuesday
Chicken Caesar Salad with Rolls
This is a delicious, light dinner! The chicken makes the salad a meal, and it's very easy to put together.
Wednesday
Sloppy Joes with Raw Veggies
In the tradition of "crock-pot Wednesday" I'm putting my favorite sloppy joe recipe in. I usually just make it on the stove top, but I think simmering for a couple of hours might do it some good!
Thursday
Chicken Stir-Fry with White Rice
Easy and so healthy and delicious!
Friday
Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza with a Green Salad
Saturday
Crock-Pot Minestrone Soup with Sweet Corn Muffins
A new slow cooker recipe from my "Today's Creative Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Cookbook" (Boy, that's a mouthful! We should just call it "TCCPSCC"...well, maybe not...)

Week 2 (Jan. 11-17)

Tuesday
Balsamic Chicken with Brown Rice and Butternut Squash
Wednesday
Cider Pork Roast with Potatoes and Onions
I have never cooked a pork roast before, but I picked one up at WinCo and thought I'd give it a shot- I am excited to have the leftovers to make pulled-pork sandwiches!
Thursday
Lemon Pepper Tilapia with Roasted Red Potatoes and a Green Salad
A delicious seafood seasoning made by my grandpa's company. Light and yummy!
Friday
Turkey Hamburgers with Fresh Fruit and Chips
We like to have our burgers with bacon and fried onions! Mmm!
Saturday
Chicken Tortilla Soup with Tortilla Strips and all the trimmings!
This is a definite favorite of my hubby! It is so warm and delightful!

Week 3 (Jan. 18-24)

Tuesday
Teriyaki Meatballs with Rice and a Green Salad
At hubby's request, I'm bringing back my "famous" meatballs with homemade teriyaki sauce.
Wednesday
Chicken & Dumplings
A new recipe for "crock-pot Wednesday"! The dumplings are actually refrigerator biscuits!
Thursday
Pulled-Pork Sandwiches with Raw Veggies
Friday
Mac 'n' Cheese with Pigs in Blankets
Saturday
Chicken Stew with Biscuits

Week 4 (Jan. 25-31)

Tuesday
Tilapia Fish Tacos with Fresh Fruit
Wednesday
BBQ Chicken with Brown Rice
A bottle of "Sweet Baby Ray's", a few shakes of Dean's BBQ seasoning, a little bit of brown sugar and honey and a few hours in the slow-cooker. This is so delicious!
Thursday
Whole Wheat Pepperoni and Olive Pizza with Fresh Fruit or Veggies
Friday
Crepes with Fresh Fruit
Not sure yet if these will be sweet or savory...
Saturday
Hamburger Soup with Rolls
From the freezer! :)

2 comments:

  1. Would that be my Chicken Stew your making in your menu??? Mmm, I made that about 2 months ago and it was sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be indeed! :) We love it!! I haven't made it in awhile, but it's always a favorite. I'm so glad you included it in my recipe box. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...