Saturday, September 3, 2011

Monthly Menu (Partial)- September



Well, with Labor Day just around the corner, we are officially entering the late summer/early fall mode. The nights are getting chillier and the mornings are sometimes foggy, although the days are still warm. I'm hanging onto every last bit of summer I can- but I love fall too, so I'll enjoy it when it comes. Meanwhile, I'm soaking up the evenings we can still eat outside and grill, and the days we can enjoy parks and bike rides. This list is only partial for the month because on the 18th we are going on a week-long camping trip with my family to the Oregon Coast. So, I have only planned meals until then.



Week 1 (Sept. 1-3)


Thursday
Spaghetti with Garlic Bread and a Side Salad
The day before a shopping trip...so I made do with what was left in the cupboard. YUM.
Friday

Whole Wheat Crust Hawaiian Pizza with Cucumbers & Grapes
Typical Friday night! Yummy cucumbers with homemade ranch dressing. MMM
Saturday
Grilled Tarragon-Mustard Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Grilled Zucchini
A delicious recipe I gleaned from All You Magazine. So easy and flavorful!

Week 2 (Sept. 6-10)

Tuesday
Grilled Chicken & Pears on Arugula
I'm excited to make this salad- looks fresh and delicious!
Wednesday
Courtesy of Catz in the Kitchen!
Thursday
BLT Pockets with Fresh Fruit
Another steal from the All You Magazine! I'm planning to make my own whole wheat pita bread for this- Yum!
Friday-Sunday
We have our church's family camp this weekend, and I'm signed up to make pancakes Saturday morning. I'm also  planning on making a Cabbage-Apple Coleslaw, as well as some cupcakes to share at the Friday night potluck BBQ.

Week 3 (Sept. 13-17)

Tuesday
Chicken Gyros
Travis loves gyros, but we've never made them, so I'm going to try them with the pitas I'm making for the BLT Pockets. This recipe has a creamy cucumber sauce.
Wednesday
Pork Chops with Potatoes
Haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with the pork chops yet...
Thursday
Salmon or Burgers
Maybe both. I like fish, Travis doesn't.
Friday
Whole Wheat Crust Pepperoni & Olive Pizza
Friday night special! 

Special treats? Hoping to try my hand at some custards or souffles in my new ramekins. Also looking forward to making more hand pies! I'm kind of curious to try a rice pudding too. We'll see! Happy September cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...