Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Monthly Menu- November

Now, I realize it is already November 10, and I've been putting off or forgetting to get my monthly menu up, but better late than never- so here it is! Some of these are already in the past, of course... If you need to understand this menu thing, revert back to the monthly menu for October. :)

Monthly Menu- November

Week 1 (Nov. 1-7)

Tuesday
Chicken Stir Fry with White Rice
Travis helped me get this one cooked up in a jiffy after we went for a work out!
Wednesday
Crock-Pot Lasagna with a Green Salad
I am trying to come up with crock-pot dinners for Wednesday evenings, since we now have Awana and by the time we get home at 8, I don't feel like throwing something together. This lasagna wasn't the easiest, and it wasn't the tastiest either. Indicator: the leftovers are still sitting in the fridge. I might give another go someday, but I'd definitely make some changes of my own.
Thursday
Maple Chicken with Rice and Acorn Squash
Easy and delicious! I just put a little butter and some sugar-free maple syrup on the chicken and baked it! It paired wonderfully with the spiced acorn squash.
Friday
Crock Pot Beef Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
I simply used an onion soup mix and a few splashed of Worcestershire sauce and it was delicious! Yummy to come home to after a busy day!
Saturday
Delicious salmon at a friend's house...no cooking for me! :)

Week 2 (Nov. 8-14)

Tuesday
Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese with Steamed Broccoli
This recipe was actually posted on a fertility website because of it's great health benefits! It uses whole wheat pasta shells and combines the unique flavors of pumpkin and Gouda cheese! It is delicious, though not completely fat free! :)
Wednesday
Crock Pot BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwiches with Corn on the Cob
Easy. Yummy. Throw chicken and BBQ sauce in pot. Shred. Put on bun. Eat. :D
Thursday
Tilapia Tacos with Roasted Potatoes
Easy and yummy fish tacos!
Friday
Turkey Hot Dogs with Raw Veggies
I go to a Zumba class Friday nights, so this is nice, quick meal that is also healthy!
Saturday
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with Rolls

Week 3 (Nov. 15-21)

Tuesday
Turkey with Sweet Potatoes
Even though we are going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving, I had to buy a turkey, because I really want the leftovers!!
Wednesday
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki with Rice and Corn
Another new crock pot recipe for my busy Wednesday night!
Thursday
Skillet BBQ Pork Chops with Acorn Squash
Friday
Homemade Wheat Crust Pizza with Chicken, Spinach and Olives
Or Pepperoni. Depends on how energetic I am. :)
Saturday
Leftover Roast Beef Soup
With barley and vegetables!

Week 4 (Nov. 22-30)

Tuesday night we will be leaving for Oregon and gone until Saturday, so the rest of the month is pretty well taken care of! :) When we get home we'll probably have Shepherd's Pie or some soup from the freezer!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, that crockpot bbq chicken recipe is mine LOL! I made it for Jewel and Jeff one night when they came over for a movie and Jewel liked it so much she wanted the recipe. I'm glad to see it's movie down the family food chain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? That's so funny! I thought I invented it! :D I tried some fancy recipe with homemade sauce that had celery and stuff in it...but Sweet Baby Ray's won the day, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the one I use has vinegar, brown sugar and ketchup and that's the homemade bbq sauce I make.

    So funny, lol! It's probably different and I figured you got it from Jewel, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...